One of the worst feelings is paying for something that you could easily have scored for free.
Whether you’re looking to save on saving specific or whether you’re on a freebie binge, there are plenty of places where you can claim freebies — you just need to know where to look!
Check out these 13 ways to get freebies with very little effort at all!
1. Try Free Product Samples
There are plenty of brands that want you to try their products. All it takes is one stroll through Costco or by the kiosks at your local mall to know this.
But do you know that you can also sign up for free product samples online?
Places like PINCHme will mail you different products without ever needing you to provide a credit card! Sign up for free and make sure to answer your profile questions so they know what you like. Then, RSVP to the “Sample Tuesday” event and pick out items to build your own box of free samples!
And guess what? From the moment you sign up for PINCHme, it stays free. No trial periods. No catches. No shipping costs. All the company asks is that you provide your opinion about the products in exchange.
2. Get Rewarded for Taking Surveys Online
Taking surveys online is an easy way to score free gift cards — and even cash!
There are plenty of companies that are in need of feedback and opinions about their products and services. You can offer your unique perspective through their surveys and get rewarded for it!
There are a handful of survey sites to choose from, but two great options are Survey Junkie and MyPoints:
- Survey Junkie: You can rack up points that can be redeemed as gift cards to places like Amazon and Target. But if you’d prefer cash, you can easily check out via PayPal! This company hands out some of the largest rewards for surveys, so sign up with Survey Junkie and start earning those points!
- MyPoints: This site rewards you for taking surveys, but that’s not all. Get more rewards for watching videos, playing games, and shopping. Join MyPoints today and you’ll even receive a $10 welcome bonus!
3. Get Paid to Watch Videos Online
If you spend much of your downtime browsing mindlessly through YouTube’s trending section, check this out — you can use your video watching habits to earn freebies, too!
There are a few different places online that will actually award you gift cards or cash just for watching videos. Check out InboxDollars and Swagbucks to start!
- InboxDollars: The company pays you to watch everything from movie trailers to cooking demonstrations! But that’s just the beginning. InboxDollars also pays you to take surveys, play games, and read emails. You’ll even get a $5 bonus when you sign up!
- Swagbucks: This site gives out roughly 7,000 free gift cards every day. Members get paid for watching videos and taking surveys online, and you can join in on the fun by signing up today. Not to mention, you’ll get a pretty awesome $10 signup bonus!
4. Claim Rewards and Freebies from Coupon and Deal Sites
With coupon and deal sites, not only can you save big on everyday purchases but you can also score free items. Whether it’s a buy-one-get-one (BOGO) offer or a bonus product that is thrown in with your purchase, there are plenty of opportunities to get freebies.
Today, you don’t even need to scour your local newspaper or department store catalog. Just check out a few of the many sites that are out there, and you’ll find that there are plenty of deals with freebies thrown in!
Here are a few places where you can start claiming these rewards and freebies:
- Voiced Market: Sign up for the free newsletter and get alerted whenever top freebies and deals arrive. From free food to entertainment deals and more, you can save up to 95% simply by taking advantage of these limited-time deals. All you have to do is subscribe to Voiced Market to get all of these offers delivered right to your inbox!
- Ibotta: This app has paid out roughly $700,000,000 in cashback to its members for shopping at stores like Target, Walgreens, and others. Sign up to get a piece of that pie! What’s more is that you’ll even get a $20 welcome bonus just for using the company’s app!
5. Get Free Money from Unnecessary Subscriptions and Expensive Bills
Love freebies? How about free money?
There are likely areas where you’re paying much more than you need to be — subscriptions you’ve stopped using, memberships you haven’t bothered to cancel, or costly bills that you’ve settled for.
Well, there’s a way to get your unnecessary subscriptions canceled and your bills negotiated quickly — Truebill.
This company will show you exactly where your money is going and offer opportunities to save. As your data is protected with 256-bit SSL encryption, you won’t have to worry about it getting out.
Truebill even gets in contact with companies to negotiate your bills, so that you never have to go through the pain of picking up the phone, waiting on hold, and arguing with representatives!
Simply download the Truebill app to start taking back your hard-earned money!
6. Take Advantage of Bonus Offers
Companies frequently offer bonuses to incentivize actions such as using their services or opting into their email newsletters.
If you have student loan debt that keeps you up at night, for example, get this — you might be able to save thousands and earn a pretty cool freebie while you’re at it!
Credible is a company that makes refinancing your student loans — the process of replacing your current loan(s) with one that potentially has a lower interest rate and new terms — a breeze.
In two minutes, the company will return up to 10 lending options at once. Compare rates and savings in one place, without any impact to your credit score. Get approved for a loan and you’ll enjoy no prepayment penalties, loan application fees, or origination fees!
And again, you can claim a bonus of up to $300 for making this simple move!
7. Take Advantage of Free Credit Score Monitoring
Your credit score directly impacts your ability to get a mortgage, a personal loan, and even a good credit card.
Of course, in order to improve your credit score, you’ve first got to know where you stand!
With Credit Sesame, you’ll receive your free credit score and report as it becomes available, as well as free credit monitoring.
What’s more? The company even offers free identity theft protection. You’ll receive alerts whenever suspicious activity is detected.
Sign up with Credit Sesame today and reap the many benefits of this financial freebie!
8. Get Free Cashback with Credit Cards
You use a credit card, right? Well, getting a few cashback credit cards will allow you to earn money back every time you swipe.
And there are tons of options to help you save. Just keep in mind that you’ll need at least good credit — and potentially excellent credit — to be eligible for most of these cards:
With the ABOC Platinum Rewards credit card, for example, you’ll get a point back for every dollar you spend. What’s more is that it comes with no annual fee, and you’ll even get a $150 statement credit after spending $1,200 in your first 90 days!
Or choose from a list of cashback credit cards, some of which offer everything from 1.5% cashback to $0 annual fees to $250 welcome bonuses!
9. Sign Up for Free Trials
You can get access to a range of different subscription services, simply by taking advantage of a few free trials!
With Sling TV, for example, you can claim a 7-day free trial on streaming TV. Apple Music offers a 30-day trial period on music streaming. At Blue Bottle, you can even get a free trial of small-batch coffee. The list goes on!
Most of these services don’t have contracts or obligations. And many of them don’t even require a credit card to sign up!
10. Take Advantage of Financial Freebies
Looking to get a better handle on your finances?
Well, check this out — there are a whole bunch of financial freebies that could save you a lot of money:
- Ladder: If you’re between the age of 21-60 you could protect your family’s financial future with a term life insurance policy. Premiums start at just $12 a month and offer policies up to $8 million in coverage. There’s no medical exam required, a money-back guarantee, and you can cancel anytime. Take advantage of a free quote!
- Gabi: This is a site that can help you save by comparing auto insurance quotes for free. In two minutes it will show you rates from up to 20 providers competing for your business. Gabi will even give you home insurance rate while you’re at it (should you need it)! The average Gabi user saves $825.
11. Get Freebies with Your Library Card
Libraries are full of freebies! If you don’t already have a valid library card, you can likely sign up for one in minutes.
Then, take a trip down to your local library or use your library’s app to take advantage of its offerings.
With access to everything from books and audiobooks to movies and TV shows, you’ll be able to tap into a seemingly never-ending archive of entertainment without ever paying a penny (assuming you return items on time).
12. Get Rebates for the Stuff You Buy
If you’re going to spend money at your local department store or online store anyway, why not get free money back?
In buying an eligible item, you can receive a rebate for a certain amount of your purchase. Sometimes you might get 5% or 10% back. At others, you might get much more.
Rebaid is one of the sites that gets you up to 100% back. Sign up, check out the various Amazon deals that have rebates, make your purchase, and you’ll receive your money back in as few as three days!
13. Win Freebies Through Sweepstakes
Sure, you’re not likely to win every time; but the more often you’re able to enter your name into drawings, the more likely you are to eventually come out on top.
In theory, you can win almost anything through sweepstakes — gift cards, movie tickets, free vacations, and brand merchandise, to name only a few. Signing up won’t take up much of your time, yet the reward could be pretty significant.
Be sure to follow the rules and make sure you never disclose personal information that you would normally be hesitant to give out. Ultimately, no freebie is worth jeopardizing your privacy or identity!
Business Owners: Claim These Freebies
If you own a business, guess what? There are a handful of different business freebies you can claim:
- Microsoft Ads: Advertise on places like Bing, Yahoo, and MSN. Get a free $100 advertising credit when you spend $25!
- Animoto: Create professional animated videos using the platform’s simple drag-and-drop video maker. You don’t even need editing experience! Just pull from the service’s photo and music library to create your videos in three steps. Take advantage of Animoto’s free trial today!
- Constant Contact: You’ll be able to create powerful email marketing campaigns to stay in contact with your customers or fans. Choose from more than 100 gorgeous email templates that look beautiful on all screen sizes, and use the platform’s real-time tracking tool to monitor your results. Claim your free trial now!
How to Avoid Freebie Scams
While there are tons of legitimate freebies for you to claim, there are just as many scams — if not more!
Here are a few red flags to look out for:
- Freebies that ask you for too much personal information.
- Freebies with very high dollar values (i.e. “free $500 gift cards”).
- Freebies that come from strange or tacky sites.
- Freebies you have to pay for (hint: if you have to pay for it, it’s not free).
Claim Freebies Like It’s Your Birthday!
Want to put a little less stress on your checking account? Start claiming some of these freebies like it’s your birthday.
And before you go settling for full price on your next purchase, consider that you might be able to claim a good deal or get a comparable product for free.
Whether you’re a finance guru or a movie buff, there are options for everyone!