8 Ways To Find The Best Travel Deals
Let’s face it—travel’s not cheap. After booking a two-way flight and accommodation for a few days, you can easily spend upwards of $1,000 without batting at eye.
Rather than blowing your entire travel budget right from the get-go, wouldn’t it be nice to have travel deals waiting for you whenever you need to make a purchase?
It’s easier than you think. Here are 8 of the best ways to find travel deals!
1. Use VOICED Market to Get the Best Travel Deals Delivered to Your Email
VOICED Market helps you make better purchases across the board by alerting you of top deals as soon as they become available.
With the VOICED Market newsletter, you’ll get deals up to 95% off delivered right to your inbox. These include not only travel deals but also exclusives and discounts across most major categories—food, entertainment, fitness, finance, clothing, and more!
Subscribe to VOICED Market today and use this incredible free service to chip away at your next travel expense!
2. Scour Online Travel Sites for Top Deals
Today, there are dozens of travel sites you can scour for the best deals on flights, hotels, car rentals and more. Some of the most popular options include:
- Expedia. Package flights, hotels, and more in a cost-effective travel bundle. As a rewards program member, you’ll earn points on all of your Expedia purchases.
- Priceline. Wait until the last minute to book and this travel site will reward your flexibility with Express Deals up to 60% off. What’s more the company will give you a 10% coupon for your next trip just for signing up for their emails.
- Hotwire. This travel site gives you some of the best hotel rates. The catch? Hotwire doesn’t disclose the name of the hotel until you’ve made your purchase. With that said, you’ll have plenty of details about the hotel to give you peace of mind.
- Kayak. Rather than hopping from site to site in search of the best travel deals, try Kayak—a travel search engine that scans all major travel sites to find you the best deals. Get Price Alerts to your email and phone whenever prices drop!
3. Pin Down the Right Season, Day, and Time
When you travel matters. If you’re planning a trip to a tourist destination during a peak month, expect to pay a premium for flights and accommodation. You can travel during an off-peak month, on the other hand, and score a much better deal.
When it comes to flying, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are typically cheaper, as are early morning and late night flights.
As for accommodation, hotels prices tend to be most affordable on weekdays and rooms are more expensive during the weekend.
4. Strike at the Right Time
Want to land the best travel deals for your next getaway? It’s recommended that you book your flight and accommodation 1–4 months in advance.
If you happen to miss this window and are willing to take a risk, you can sometimes hold off and score a great last-minute deal. However, there is no guarantee that you’ll pay less.
5. Be Open to Different Destinations
Are you flexible when it comes to your travel destination? This kind of flexibility can help you score some of the best travel deals.
You can find a discounted destination with a tool like Kayak. Simply use the platform’s filters to set a budget for your airfares and hotels. The search engine will return a list of destinations and deals to meet your budget!
6. Purchase a Vacation Package
Some of the best travel deals are vacation packages—deals that bundle your flight, hotel stay, and car rental into a single discounted expense.
Rather than paying full price for each travel item, check Expedia and other travel sites to see if you can’t snag a bargain on a very convenient bundle!
7. Get Yourself a Travel Rewards Card
If you’re an avid traveler, consider applying for a travel rewards card. As you continue to book flights, hotels, and car rentals, you’ll accumulate points and bonus miles that you can redeem for a future vacation.
Some airlines and hotel brands have their own travel cards that reward you for your loyalty. Other travel rewards cards will allow you to rack up rewards on all travel purchases, regardless of the brand!
8. Book Directly Through the Brand’s Website
While travel sites can often help you identify the best travel deals, some sites will mark up their prices in order to earn a bigger fee on the sale.
Before you pull the trigger on a deal you found on a travel site, be sure to double-check the rate on the brand’s website. Certain companies will reward you for purchasing your flight or accommodation directly from their site!