There are a lot of variables when it comes to car insurance, including the kind of car you drive, your age, and where you live. But shouldn’t the amount of time you spend on the road also be a factor? Metromile thinks so.
Metromile has revolutionized the way car insurance works, charging customers on a pay-per-mile basis. The concept is simple – you pay a low base rate to Metromile, and after that your payments are based on the amount of miles you actually drive.
The flat monthly base rate starts at just $29, and the miles driven will cost you just pennies. Every mile is calculated using a small device which plugs in under your dashboard.
Metromile also caps its charges at 250 miles per day (or 150 miles if you live in New Jersey). That means you’re allowed to take a long road trip without breaking the bank.
What you’ll get:
- Free online quote
- Pay-per mile car insurance
- Low monthly base rate
- Same great coverage offered by traditional insurance companies
- Miles easily measured via dashboard device
- Great for low-mileage drivers
- No charge after 250 daily miles (or 150 miles if you live in NJ)
- Claims team available 24/7
- Unlimited access to Metromile’s smart driving app
- No cancellation fee
About Metromile / Metromile website:
Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the US. It believes that paying for what you use is fairer and more affordable than one-size-fits-all insurance plans. It also believes in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.